How do I get information about Refreshing Rewards?
For Refreshing Rewards related questions, click here.
Why does Thorntons have a hold on my bank account when I use a debit or credit card?
- Thorntons does not place a hold on your funds. Any hold on funds is dictated by your bank or card issuer.
- When you swipe the card at the pump, your bank is not sure how much you are purchasing, so a pre-authorization/hold is posted until the transaction is completed. Preauthorization is needed so the bank can make sure the debit/credit card account is active and you have appropriate funds.
- Once your bank has processed the actual transaction, your bank will post the correct amount for the transaction (Preauthorization holds can range from $1.00 to $100.00, normally $75.00 by Visa, $100.00 by Discover/American Express/MasterCard).
- If the transaction was cancelled in most cases it can take up to 3-5 business days for the hold to be released. However, it may be longer depending on the terms and conditions of your bank.
How do I get a refund for a transaction?
- If you believe you were overcharged and are requesting a refund, please contact our Guest Services team by emailing email@example.com or for more immediate service, please call 1-866-473-0017 during regular business hours. Include the following information: store number or location address, date of transaction, the amount of purchase, and the last 4 digits of the debit or credit card used. We will review the transaction details and contact you.
- Once confirmed, refunds can take up to 3-5 business days before funds are posted to your account.
How do I get a copy of my receipt?
- If you need a copy of your receipt, please contact our Guest Services team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or for more immediate service, please call 1-866-473-0017 during regular business hours. Include the following information: store number or location address, date of transaction, the amount of purchase, and the last 4 digits of the debit or credit card used. We will review the transaction details and reply back with a copy of the receipt.
When do I receive my $.10 off per gallon Pump First reward?
- You will receive your $.10 off per gallon fuel reward immediately after you have completed a Pump First transaction.
Why hasn’t my Pump First $.10 off per gallon reward loaded when I clicked the ‘Receive $.10 off per gallon with Pump First email?
- The ‘Receive $.10 off per gallon with Pump First’ email is just an awareness message about how to receive the discount, not a click-to-load fuel offer. Please read questions above or visit your nearest Thorntons store to take advantage of this great fuel offer.
When will my Pump First $.10 off per gallon reward expire?
- Your Pump First $.10 off per gallon expiration date is shown on your loaded reward in-app or you can check RefreshingRewards.com and check your fuel expiration date there as well.
What are the benefits of Pump First?
- You can take advantage of the Pump First fuel rewards and the convenience of fueling up first in order to save time without having to wait for the pump to be authorized. You can also benefit from not having to come back inside to receive a prepay refund.
How do I take advantage of Pump First?
- You need to have a registered Refreshing Rewards account in order to participate.
How do I register for Refreshing Rewards?
- You can register a physical card or digital card. You can download the Refreshing Rewards app on the iTunes Store or Google Play Store, or register using refreshingrewads.com. You can also visit your nearest Thorntons location for a keychain but please make sure to register it online!
How do I authorize the pump for Pump First?
- You have the ability to either swipe your Refreshing Rewards card, or enter in your phone number (alternative ID) at the pump in order to authorize the pump outside.
What happens after I finish pumping fuel?
- Please proceed inside the store and pay for your fuel as you normally would.
Can I stack my weekly Flash Fuel $.06 offer with my Pump First $.10 off per gallon reward?
- No, you are not able to stack fuel rewards, but can use your $.06 Flash Fuel offer during another fill-up.
Can I use my spouse or family member’s Refreshing Rewards number to authorize the pump?
- You can use your family member’s Refreshing Rewards account to participate in Pump First, but are urged to create your own Refreshing Rewards account in order to take advantage of special offers and discounts that pertain to you!
What if my Refreshing Rewards card or alt. ID doesn’t work at the pump?
- You should proceed to prepay and visit the Refreshing Rewards app or refreshingrewards.com to make sure your account information is correct. You can also reach out to our Guest Services team Mon-Fri 8am-5pm at 1-866-473-0017